A while back I mentioned (I think?) that we are being evicted from our house roughly three months before we plan to leave. We made the mistake of letting them know ballpark how long we would be sticking around. They decided they wanted us out early so that they could get some remodelling done before re-renting the place. This put us in a pretty rough spot.
Fortunately, today we will be signing a lease that will solve a lot of our problems. The new place is going to be smaller, but it’ll also actually be new (they’re constructing it right now). The rent will be cheaper and the whole thing is going to cost us only a couple thousand dollars plus moving expenses that we wouldn’t have had to spend if we were able to stay in our current place until summer.
The couple thousand is because we have to sign a six-month lease even though we will only be staying for three or four months. That was expected. We’ll also be paying dual-rent as we move. With a baby around, and Clancy working again by the time we move, we don’t figure that moving will be easy. We could hire someone, but we don’t want to give notice until the new place is ready in case there are any unforeseen construction delays. Also, there are no moving companies in Dent County.
It’s really good to have that aspect of our lives out of the way. Except for all of the work, of course.