1. What is your occupation?
I’m a Quality Assurance Analyst testing the software on what is primarily a hardware product.
2. What color are your socks right now?
White. Always white.
3. What are you listening to right now?
A mix collection of MP3s. Stone Temple Pilot’s Big Empty is play right now. I’ll check back in when I complete this and report that song, too. At the end of this quiz, the Eels’s “Dirty Girl” is playing.
4. What was the last thing that you ate?
Half a spicy hamburger.
5. Can you drive a stick shift?
6. Last person you spoke to on the phone?
My friend with whom I have a standing weekly appointment to watch Battlestar Galactica on Sunday nights. I was calling to let him know I was good to go this weekend.
7. Do you like the person who tagged you?
I wasn’t tagged
8. How old are you today?
Will Truman is officially 32 years old, though he’s only had eight birthdays.
9. What is your favorite sport to watch?
10. What is your favorite drink?
11. Have you ever dyed your hair?
I dyed it gray for a costume once. I also dyed it darker brown once to match my beard, which I also dyed in order to see if it would make my beard look a little more full to avoid having to shave it for a job interview. Didn’t work.
12. Last time you hugged your child?
13. Favorite food?
14. What was the last movie you watched?
15. Favorite day of the year?
New Year’s Day
16. How do you vent anger?
Writing helps with that.
17. What was your favorite toy as a child?
Can’t remember. Would a TV count?
18. What is your favorite season?
Winter, unless I’m living up north.
19. Ocean or pool?
20. Cherries or Blueberries?
Those are two of my least favorite berries. No preference.
21. Do you want your family & friends to participate?
No one in my family knows I do this. Few realtime friends do, either. Blogfriends can if they’d like to.
22. Who is the most likely to respond?
Barry and Logtar seem to like memes.
24. Living arrangements?
Live with my wife, though she’s currently spending most of her time in another state.
25. When was the last time you cried?
When I found out that my father-in-law likely had pancreatic cancer.
26. What is on the floor of your closet?
Miscellany that I don’t have room for elsewhere. Lots of shoes and boots.
27. Who is the family or friend you have known the longest that you are tagging?
No taggie anybody. Barry is the oldest reader I have that still reads regularly, I think.
28. What did you do last night?
Watched Lost with crappy reception on my TV cause I didn’t buy the theater tickets early enough.
29. Hawaii or Florida?
Florida. At least then I can drive somewhere cooler if I want to.
30. What inspires you?
I’m not easily inspired.
31. What are you most afraid of?
Waking up someday and finding out that I’ve been living someone else’s life.
32. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers?
Spicy with cheese.
33. Favorite dog breed?
Mutts. I don’t like purebreeds. Smaller dogs, generally. With hair. If Clancy and I live in the country, though, larger dogs may make more sense.
34. Favorite day of the week?
Saturday. Is there any other answer?
35 How many states have you lived in?
Four Trumanverse states, soon to be five. Six if you count the state I was born in, though as soon as I left the hospital we went back to the state where my family was living at the time.
36 Do you like these questionnaires?
37. What kind of car did your very first date drive?
I can’t for the life of me recall. I want to say a silver Toyota, but that’s what my wife drives, which means I’m probably transposing.
38. What is the last book you read?
The last book I completed was Stephen White’s Dead Time. I’m currently wading through Homicide by David Simon and Savage Detectives by Roberto Bolano.
39. What are your hobbies?
Computer stuff. Writing. Collecting things.
40. Can you still make the Hula Hoop stay around your waist?
Never could, really.